How would you like it if your child could learn to be pilot? Or find out more information about careers in aviation? Then you want to be a part of Young Eagles. This program is dedicated to giving kids ages 8–17 their first free ride in an airplane, then up the ladder with programs and scholarships culminating with flight training. And it all begins with a free airplane flight.
What is the Young Eagles Program?
Young Eagles offers a 5 step program for created by EAA ( Experimental Aircraft Association) with the goal of getting young people involved with aviation.
- Young Eagles Flight: A free first flight to start your child’s aviation journey.
- EAA Student Membership. Added bonus! The EAA Student Membership also includes free admission to over 300 science and technology museums in the ASTC network (with some exclusions). See the list and more information here.
- Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course: A free online flight training program.
- First Flight Lesson: Free lesson puts your child at the controls.
- Flight Training Scholarships: Find ways to support your child’s aviation journey.
Finding a Local Young Eagles Chapter
In the Bay area, we have chapters in:
Monterey Bay Area
Greater San Francisco area
These are the dates for upcoming flights, from our sister site, CelebrateFamily.us:
Click on the links for more details and directions. Today, the Young Eagles program has flown over 2 million kids. Thank you to EAA’s volunteer pilots and ground volunteers.
Even if your child is not interested in airplanes or piloting one, take a few minutes to check out the Young Eagles web site, and recommend the program to a friend.